Blood on the Pavement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mary Morstan? Amada Abbington

3 posters

Go down

Mary Morstan? Amada Abbington Empty Mary Morstan? Amada Abbington

Post by Iris Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:45 pm

You'd think people would learn not to hate people to that extent. I've seen people's reactions to how Amanda is being treated, I don't know why I expect more from the fandom considering it goes through this more than necessary. Though I suppose there will always be a bad side to a fandom.

Seeing how Amanda's character
Spoiler:
I'm not speculating, though the idea of her being Mary is not appealing to me. I don't think I'd dislike it just because of that.
Even if that was Amanda's role why should she be treated like the enemy? She isn't the enemy.
I think the fact that we don't know how it will be played out makes me want to tell people to shut up.

Would it be okay if she was John's lover. Does it bother you? Or are you way more bothered by the way people react to it?

Iris
Iris

Back to top Go down

Mary Morstan? Amada Abbington Empty Re: Mary Morstan? Amada Abbington

Post by Grace Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I still don't think she's
Spoiler:
--but no matter who she ends up being, there's no reason for anyone to treat her the way they are.

The idea of her being John's lover in any capacity bugs the hell out of me--it seems too...expected now. Plus I'm a shameless Johnlock shipper, so v_____v
Grace
Grace
Admin

https://bloodonthepavement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:20 am

If she was Mary, I think I'd feel the same. As you said, "too expected." I honestly don't think she would be her. But as I said, if they did make her to be one of John's lovers I just hope they shock me to no end with the way they go about it.

Lol, shameless, yes you are. I love being a shipper, and no one will ever convince me otherwise. I don't know why people have to be so hard on others.

I think a bunch of these fans have no right to be spewing terrible things. The writers are the ones who wrote the story. And even then, they are the ones who brought the show in. If they had a legitimate complaint, then go ahead and complain, but damn it with respect.
Iris
Iris

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 am

Exactly--I was just thinking about this today: if Amanda ends up being Mary, I want a completely unexpected twist to it. If
Spoiler:
, I want there to be some twist like
Spoiler:
. Iunno, I just think that having a flat retelling of what happens in the books will be, well, flat. Which would be an utter shame for this show.
Grace
Grace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Yeah, which is what I am really looking forward to, since they are pretty good with keeping my attention with all of that.

Man I don't know what I would do if that was her role. It makes me think too much of some fanfic I read.

I sure as hell want Amanda to play a badass character.

Last edited by Iris on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iris
Iris

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 pm

^^^^^^^
I definitely want her to be an awesome character. And yeah, if she turned out to be the typical "marries John and splits his time between her and Sherlock" Mary, then I'd feel like I was watching a fanfic live. Except John and Sherlock don't get together in the end =/
Grace
Grace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna_Bee Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Grace wrote:Exactly--I was just thinking about this today: if Amanda ends up being Mary, I want a completely unexpected twist to it. If
Spoiler:
, I want there to be some twist like
Spoiler:
. Iunno, I just think that having a flat retelling of what happens in the books will be, well, flat. Which would be an utter shame for this show.

I doubt they'd make it flat, and I'm almost positive that there will be some kind of twist like that. I don't think they've confirmed who Amanda is playing yet, have they? And I don't think they've said
Spoiler:
or
Spoiler:
It looks like they are purposefully leading fans to certain conclusions about the what will happen in the third series only for us to find out it's entirely something else when we actually get to see the finished episodes. It feels too obvious, and as Grace said, flat.

I am enjoying how they give us teasers like that though as they go through production, even when they just took that photo of the big empty room where the set would be. They certainly know how to keep fans excited about the third series. Also I think the idea of
Spoiler:
is interesting.
Luna_Bee
Luna_Bee

http://freerhymeswithme.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Luna_Bee wrote:I doubt they'd make it flat, and I'm almost positive that there will be some kind of twist like that. I don't think they've confirmed who Amanda is playing yet, have they? And I don't think they've said
Spoiler:
or
Spoiler:
It looks like they are purposefully leading fans to certain conclusions about the what will happen in the third series only for us to find out it's entirely something else when we actually get to see the finished episodes. It feels too obvious, and as Grace said, flat.

They haven't confirmed who she is, to keep up the suspense and hand-wringing while fans flip out over who she could be. Nasty bastards are cunning v____v As for who
Spoiler:

I am enjoying how they give us teasers like that though as they go through production, even when they just took that photo of the big empty room where the set would be. They certainly know how to keep fans excited about the third series. Also I think the idea of
Spoiler:
is interesting.

I love the little teasers, too. The set updates and first appearances of the actors together again was amazing, but the teasing about who Amanda's going to be is getting a little old.
Grace
Grace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum